Employer Information Sessions
Publicise your organisation by holding an information session on campus. Students who attend are highly motivated, and the session provides an excellent opportunity to network with these students while providing detailed information about your company. Your presence on campus is advertised on the Careers Centre website, student online calendar and through targeted posters and flyers.
An employer information session on campus:
- provides detailed information about your organisation directly to students
- generates interest in upcoming recruitment activities
- provides you with the opportunity to meet highly motivated students
- increases your organisation’s profile on campus.
Availability and booking
The Careers Centre only holds employer information sessions at set times throughout the semester. Past experience has demonstrated that presentations outside these times are not effective.
We offer information sessions from Monday to Thursday. We avoid holding information sessions on Fridays, as there tend to be less students on campus. Information sessions will not be run on the same day as a careers fair.
Daytime information sessions run between 12 and 1pm, or 1 and 2pm, and choice of venue is available.
Register for Employer information sessions Semester 2, 2019
Daytime Information Session (1 hour)
Register for International Employer information sessions Semester 2, 2019
International Employer Information Series
Two hour sessions - price on application
Evening Information Sessions
Tailored package to suit your requirements - price on application.
Included in the $660 (inc. GST) cost is:
- the organisation of your information session, including venue hire
- entry of your information session on our student events calendar on the Careers Centre database and website
- online student registration for your information session
- email-out to two student cohorts valued at $440 (note: email content must remain the same for both cohorts)
- inclusion of your information session in hard-copy marketing material
- promotion of your information session through the Careers Centre social media channels including Facebook
Advertising your Employer Information Session
Letting students know that your organisation is going to be on campus is vital to maximise student attendance and we recommend the following marketing initiatives:
- Email students registered with the Careers Centre who wish to receive careers information in their preferred employment fields
- Place your logo with hotlink on the Graduate Recruitment Programs webpage until December 2017. This service is included in all Careers Fair Registrations (Logo must be high resolution – .PSD, .EPS, .JPG or .GIF)
Your presence on campus will be best supported in conjunction with other activities. If your information session relates to your graduate recruitment program or internship and vacation work opportunities, don't forget to
- advertise for free on CareerHub
- send a targeted email-out to the students you want to meet, reminding them about your information session
- book in for a careers fair – attendance at a careers fair and information session is a great combination for meeting engaged students and raising your profile across campus.
For enquiries about holding an information session, please contact Industry Development Team on:
T: (02) 8627 8403