Employer Information Sessions
Publicise your organisation by holding an information session on campus or online. Students who attend are highly motivated, and the session provides an excellent opportunity to network with these students while providing detailed information about your company. Your presence at the University is advertised on the Careers Centre website, student online calendar and through targeted posters and flyers.
An employer information session on campus:
- provides detailed information about your organisation directly to students
- generates interest in upcoming recruitment activities
- provides you with the opportunity to meet highly motivated students
- increases your organisation’s profile at the University.
Availability and booking
The Careers Centre only holds employer information sessions at set times throughout the semester. Past experience has demonstrated that presentations outside these times are not effective.
We offer information sessions from Monday to Thursday. We avoid holding information sessions on Fridays, as there tend to be less students on campus. Information sessions will not be run on the same day as a careers fair.
Daytime information sessions run between 12 and 1pm, or 1 and 2pm, and choice of venue is available.
The following options are available for 2021:
All in-person events will be run in accordance with the latest government public health advice. As a result, these sessions will require longer organisation times, so make sure to book well in advance.
Contact us at email@example.com to discuss the best option for your organisation.
Cost for on campus information session
Included in the $660 (inc. GST) cost is:
- the organisation of your information session, including venue hire
- entry of your information session on our student events calendar on the Careers Centre database and website
- online student registration for your information session
- email-out to two student cohorts valued at $440 (note: email content must remain the same for both cohorts)
- promotion of your information session through the Careers Centre social media channels including Facebook
Cost for webinar information sessions
Included in the $330 (inc. GST) cost is:
- Webinar hosting through University webinar software – Zoom
- Promotion of webinar through targeted emails and social media
- Entry of your webinar on our student events calendar on our database and website
Advertising your Employer Information Session
Letting students know that your organisation is going to be hosting an employer information session at the University is vital to maximise student attendance and we recommend the following marketing initiatives:
- Email students registered with the Careers Centre who wish to receive careers information in their preferred employment fields
- Place your logo with hotlink on the Graduate Recruitment webpage. This service is included in all Careers Fair Registrations (Logo must be high resolution – .PSD, .EPS, .JPG or .GIF)
Your presence at the University will be best supported in conjunction with other activities. If your information session relates to your graduate recruitment program or internship and vacation work opportunities, don't forget to
- advertise for free on CareerHub
- send a targeted email-out to the students you want to meet, reminding them about your information session
- book in for a careers fair – attendance at a careers fair and information session is a great combination for meeting engaged students and raising your profile at the University.
For enquiries about holding an information session, please contact the Industry Development Team on:
Industry Development Team
T: (02) 8627 8403