Place a job ad
Promote your casual work, graduate or internship opportunity with an advertisement on Sydney CareerHub free of charge. Your advertisement will be viewable to all University of Sydney students. You can also target alumni (up to five years after graduation).
If you advertise through the Careers Centre you will need to agree to our advertising terms and conditions.
We are unable to advertise unpaid internship, work experience or volunteer positions unless:
- the position fulfills part of a University curriculum and has faculty approval (email your faculty approval to us email@example.com), or
- it is a one-off volunteer position with a registered not-for-profit organisation.
We are also unable to advertise:
- unpaid work for businesses, including unpaid internships and work experience, unpaid training, unpaid trial periods, or pay below award e.g. stipends (unpaid work for a business may only be offered through faculty, for course credit). Our unpaid and volunteering work info sheet has alternatives or contact the Careers Centre for assistance,
- employment requiring the purchase of products or services, including application and program fees, or a security deposit, e.g. work and travel opportunities.
Our unpaid and volunteering work info brochure has essential information for employers wishing to offer unpaid work including alternative suggestions. You can also contact the Careers Centre for assistance.
What to include in your advertisment
We've found there is generally a better response to advertisements that are clear and informative. The following information is important to include:
- job title and description of duties
- skills and/or experience required
- hours worked, and flexibility with regard to study/exam timetables
- location/suburb of the work
- pay rate/basis of payment – visit the Fair Work online website for pay rates and other employment conditions, or call their help line on 13 13 94
- how to apply and closing date for applications
For help submitting an advertisement or more information, contact the Industry Development Team:
T: (02) 8627 8408