Place a job ad
Promote your casual work, graduate or internship opportunity with an advertisement on Sydney CareerHub free of charge. Your advertisement will be viewable to all University of Sydney students. You can also target alumni (up to five years after graduation).
If you advertise through the Careers Centre you will need to agree to our advertising terms and conditions.
Please not that the Careers Centre is no longer accepting advertisements submitted by individuals. If you are a sole-trader or registering on behalf of an organisation, please register as an organisation or as a contact for an existing organisation.
We are unable to advertise unpaid internship, work experience or ongoing volunteer positions, including the following:
- unpaid work for businesses, unpaid internships and work experience, unpaid training, unpaid trial periods, or pay below award e.g. stipends (unpaid work for a business may only be offered through faculty, for course credit),
- employment requiring the purchase of products or services, including application and program fees, or a security deposit, e.g. work and travel opportunities.
Advertisments we do not accept
The following positions will also not be advertised:
- jobs that require a student to have an Australian Business Number (ABN) (including tutoring positions),
- positions that involve arrangements where the student receives accommodation (or similar) as payment or partial payment for work performed,
- positions that require applicants to register with an organisation for possible opportunities or make payments to a third party,
- piece rate positions where payment is based on results instead of an hourly or weekly rate (ie. employee gets paid per amount picked, per delivery, per sale made etc).
You can access the full list via our advertising terms and conditions page.
What to include in your advertisment
We've found there is generally a better response to advertisements that are clear and informative. The following information is important to include:
- job title and description of duties
- skills and/or experience required
- hours worked, and flexibility with regard to study/exam timetables
- location/suburb of the work
- pay rate/basis of payment – visit the Fair Work online website for pay rates and other employment conditions, or call their help line on 13 13 94
- how to apply and closing date for applications
For help submitting an advertisement or more information, contact the Industry Development Team:
T: (02) 8627 8408